Last modified: June 17, 2017
The Catholic Cemeteries Association of the Diocese of Cleveland, an Ohio nonprofit corporation ("Company" or "We" or “Us”), respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, or that you may provide when you visit or use any one or more of the websites https://www.crosssystem.org, www.clecem.org, www.crosssystemstaging.org, and www.clecemdev.org, as well as any related mobile and 3rd party applications that access our service (collectively, our "Service"), as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Service directly;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company;
- Through mobile and desktop applications which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Service;
- When we provide you technical support through any means including but not limited to phone support, email support, or support available through the Service; and
- When you interact with any advertising and applications on any third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to the Service.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other websites operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
In order for certain features of the Service to work, we may need to know your location. Whenever you open, use, or interact with the Service, we may use the location information, including as derived from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude), to tailor the Service experience to your current location. We may also use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ (formerly known as ‘Radar’) to provide certain features of the Service that are based upon your current or some other preferred location.
The Service is restricted and limited for use by people 18 or over. CCA will not knowingly collect any information from individuals under 13. If you are under the minimum age required for use of the Service, do not use or provide any information on the Service or on or through any of its features, register on the Service, make any purchases through the Service, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Service or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. Should We determine that you do not meet the age requirements for using our Service, your registration will be terminated immediately. If We learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under the required minimum age, We will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Service, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your image/likeness, name, postal addresses, employer name, work address, professional title, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, social media handle, and screen name, as well as any user name you may use ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us; or
- Automatically as you use the Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, device information, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, radio frequency, visual and/or audio identifiers and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through our Service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, subscribing to our Service, specifying Service preferences, posting comments or other material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries through the Service.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas available on the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others through the Service at your own risk.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access while using our Service.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information; however, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps Us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize your experiences with the Service.
- Recognize you when you return to our Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may or may in the future use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie non-personal statistical information that we collect to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about certain features of the Service that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- We may use or disclose the information we have collected from you to enable Us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets or equity securities, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Us or our affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We communicate with you through email, notices posted on the website, messages to your inbox, and other means available through the Service, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these communications include: (a) welcome and engagement communications; (b) service and functionality communications; and (c) promotional notices. We track the open rate of your communications as part of our internal benchmarking.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or related products or services, you can opt-out by using the controls in the Service. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want Us to use information that we collect or that you provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by using the controls in the Service.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
The Service includes one or more features that you can use to review and change your personal information. You can also update your personal information by contacting us directly. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write Us at: P.O. Box 605310, 10000 Miles Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44105.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Service, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that our Service is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Service or your submission of any personal information to Us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
P.O. Box 605310
10000 Miles Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44105
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Via phone: (216) 641-7575