…most of Calvary Cemetery lies within the boundaries of the City of Garfield Heights, though its address is in the City of Cleveland?
The main office building is located in Cleveland while the service garage is in Garfield Heights.
…Calvary Cemetery was developed to become the new centrally located cemetery in Cleveland?
Leland Farm, located just six miles south of Cleveland Public Square, was purchased in 1893 for the development of Calvary Cemetery because it had long become evident
that St. John and St. Joseph Cemeteries on Woodland Ave. were becoming too small for the 90,000 members of the city parishes.
…there are 13 miles of roadway within Calvary Cemetery?
That’s equivalent to driving to Public Square and back and then some!
…there are 330 acres in Calvary Cemetery?
Twenty-five acres remain available for development. A new cremation only section was developed in 2017.
…Calvary Cemetery still does 300 – 400 burials per year?
Calvary Cemetery is the final resting place to over 310,000 loved ones. Generations of families continue to decorate the graves of their ancestors buried in the 1800’s!
…Milo Theater once stood across the street from the Miles Avenue entrance to Calvary Cemetery?
The theater opened in 1915 and closed in the 1950’s. The building was destroyed by fire in 2007 and later demolished.